This origami heart fits in your pocket, and has a pocket in it! You can put a little note in it, or a little trinket (perhaps a piece of candy or jewelry) and give it to someone to show that you care.
1. Start with a a square piece of paper. You could choose a shade of red or pink, but any color will work. You can buy origami paper at a store or online. Or, you can get a regular 8in. by 11in. sheet of paper cut into a square.
2. Fold the square in half diagonally both ways, and along the center. Unfold.
3. Fold two of the opposite corners to the center of the paper. The horizontal and vertical folds can help guide through this process. The two unfolded corners should be facing "up" and "down."
4. Fold the square in half horizontally so that you get a "house" shape.
5. Find the left diagonal crease, and fold that bottom left corner so that crease lines up with the middle crease.
6. Fold the left half back, taking the triangle flap with it.
7. Let go of the front triangle and let it open to the left.
8. Pull the top corner straight down to the bottom center. The top will adjust itself as you pull it. Push the flap that forms toward the left and crease it down.
9. Fold the extending flaps at the left and right to the edges of the formed "v" shape.
10. Fold the top tips down a little bit, add more creases for a rounder edge.