Stomach feeling flabby or just want to do a little toning up to get it looking good? Let these tips be your guide.
1. Eat healthier and cut down junk food, such as replacing potato chips and chocolates with fruits. You'll see a world of difference.
2. Watch how many soft drinks you consume. Consider flavored water as an alternative if you must.
3. Do aerobic exercises daily at 30 minutes minimum and include 1-2 days of rest break each week. Anything that brings your heart rate up. Take up dancing, running, tae-bo, swimming, and walking at a good pace.
4. Eat lots of lean protein (like beans and nuts - have some meat, it is rather good for you as long as you do not eat the fat!), fruits and dark vegetables, and whole grain breads and grains. If you eat "whole wheat" it's like the same as eating white bread- all the good fibers have been stripped away. These "whole grains" keep you fuller longer than white breads like cakes, cookies, and sweets. Also, stay away from high-fat dairy products (low-fat dairy products are a great source of protein and calcium).
5. To better work the entire abdominal region, vary your exercises: Crunches work the upper abdomen, leg raises work the lower abdomen, side bends work the obliques (also known as love handles). Sure, you can do 100 daily crunches. But if you've got a layer of fat covering up your ab work then what's the point? You need to burn the top layer of stomach fat to see the changes.
6. Consider some form of an aerobic exercise as well. Some simple resistance training or light weight lifting will not only help you burn fat more efficiently but tone up the rest of your body as well.
7. Raising your metabolic rate is crucial. The higher your metabolic rate, the more energy (and thus fat) you'll burn even when you aren't doing anything. Try compound exercises like deadlifts with heavier weights.
8. Do a lot of cardio.
9. To increase your metabolic rate, increase the frequency of your meals to 6-8 times a day. Every 2 to 3 hours, ingest a small meal. This increased frequency will put your metabolisim into overdrive. WARNING: Do not over-eat! Small meals only. For greatest effect, only eat carbohydrates before 2:00 p.m, from then on only proteins.
10. Make sure you don't eat anything 2 hours before you sleep. Your body slows down when you sleep so you can't digest food properly.
11. Some of the best exercise for achieving flat stomach are Abdominal Crunches, Vaccum Pose and Belly Rubs, Stomach Twisting, Belly Resting Exercise, Russian Twist, Hip Raise Exercise, Dumbbell Side Bends, Leg Lift Exercise, Air Cycling, Knees In and Out, Sit Ups, Inclined Sit Ups, Front Squat, Reverse Crunches, Ball Crunches, Log Roll, Ab Tuck, The Crab Ab Workout, Side Crunches, V Crunches, Chin Up Crunches, Hanging Leg Raise and Hanging Knee Raise.